Carrot, ginger and lemon are great flavor combinations. These ingredients are also super additions for general health and this recipe is an easy solution for nutrient packed goodness!
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1/4 cup Butter 1/2 stick
- 1 1/2 cup Onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Finely chopped and peeled
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic Minced
- 1 1/4 lbs Medium Carrots Peeled, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 Tomatoes Seeded, chopped (about 1 1/3 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp Lemon Peel Grated
- 3 cup Chicken Stock or Canned Low-Salt Broth
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 Small Carrot Peeled, Grated
- Melt butter in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; saute 4 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add chopped carrots, tomatoes and lemon peel; saute 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, Cover partially and simmer until carrots are very tender, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree soup in batches in blender. Return soup to pot.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill. Can be made 1 day ahead.
- Bring soup to simmer, thinning with more stock, if desired.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Top each with sour cream and grated carrot.
Share this Recipe